bachelor’s of science or bachelor’s of art
points of distinction:
- the christian teaching degree program uniquely equips students to view teaching as a ministry.
- students in this program are prepared to teach academics effectively and to touch the lives of every student with the love of god.
- each student in the program is required to do a teaching practicum, observations, and student teaching.
- graduates of this program learn steps to certification and excel in mat programs or other master level degrees.
- high school teacher
- elementary education teacher
- assistant teacher
- assistant principal
- overseas teacher
- school district administrator
- curriculum design
- guidance counselor
- career counselor
- admissions counselor
- special education teacher
- juvenile corrections worker
- camp director
- youth organization director
- daycare administration
- adult english as a second language
- adult education teacher
how do i become certified?
in order to become a certified teacher, regardless of the school, students must be able to pass the state teacher certification tests. these tests differ based on the state.
at boise bible college, we encourage and prepare students to take these tests through the american board or obtain a master’s in teaching at schools like george fox, johnson university, or corban university.
for additional information about the christian teaching degree, see the catalog.
in the field of education, there are many different ways to becoming a teacher. in addition, there are many career fields besides teaching and various areas in which one could teach. whether you become a principle or teach in a remote village across the globe or work...
this program was consistent with my master’s program, but the best preparation i gained at bbc was a paradigm that looks at the work in the classroom as a mission, and an opportunity to be jesus to students.
bbc instilled a love for the art of teaching, but more it instilled a love for molding humans, which at the end of the day supersedes.
all 4- and 2-year degrees at boise bible college are built around three components: general education, bible major, ministry program.
it is necessary to fulfill all requirements in each of these components in order to successfully complete the degree. each component, and each course, plays a role in your overall development as a person of influence
general studies (1 credit)
- bible college navigator
language and communication (18 credits)
- public speaking
- English Grammar & Composition
- Research & Writing
- greek basics 1-3 (only for bachelor of arts degrees)
philosophy (8 credits)
- christian ethics
- christian apologetics
- introduction to philosophy, logic, or worldviews
history (6 credits)
- survey of church history
- church history (choose one of three sections)
math/science (choose 3 credits)
- personal finances
- theory of intelligent design
social science (choose 3 credits*)
- cultural anthropology
- general psychology
guided electives (3 credits)
- american sign language
- recent american history
- introduction to literature
- american literature
- classics of christian literature
- music history and appreciation
electives (7 credits
- general electives (may not include bible, theology, or ministry courses)
- open electives (may include any course offered)
bible (25 credits)
- journey through the bible
- new testament introduction
- old testament introduction
- acts of the apostles
- life of christ (choose two of three sections)
- 1, 2 Timothy & Titus
- history of israel
- greek exegesis 1-2 (only for bachelor of arts degrees)
theology (16 credits)
- survey of bible doctrine
- biblical interpretation and resources
- restoration movement principles
- origin and nature of the bible
- historical theology
- advanced bible doctrine
bible or theology electives (3 credits)
christian ministries core (17 credits)
- christian life
- introduction to vocational ministries
- sophomore seminar
- Evangelism & Discipleship
- principles of instruction
- foundations for spiritual growth
- women in ministry or life in ministry
- christian leadership
- senior capstone
christian teaching core (14 credits)
- advanced teaching
- developmental psychology
- History & Philosophy of Education
- classroom practicum
- teaching practicum
- educational psychology