2-year associates degree
points of distinction:
- in the worship arts associates degree, students develop a basic understanding of key music theory concepts and terminology.
- graduates of this program will be able to cultivate an environment for personal worship as well as corporate worship.
- the worship arts degree program is one of the first to move from a performance-based model to a spiritual leadership based model of worship.
- the worship arts program gives opportunities to practice skills in various settings.
- graduates will know how to utilize and operate the various tools currently available for enhancing the quality of the worship service.
- students will be expected to grow in musicianship and theological leadership in order to guide others into a relationship with jesus.
- youth leader
- worship leader
- worship assistant
- music director
- music teacher
- worship tech assistant
for additional information about the worship arts associate degree, see the catalog.
the world needs more theologically informed worship leaders. musicians who know how to play the guitar, piano, or sing, and who know god and who can curate moments of meaningful and authentic worship.
worship arts associates degree program breakdown
all 4- and 2-year degrees at boise bible college are built around three components: general education, bible major, ministry program.
it is necessary to fulfill all requirements in each of these components in order to successfully complete the degree. each component, and each course, plays a role in your overall development as a person of influence
general studies (1 credit)
- bible college navigator
language and communication (9 credits)
- public speaking
- English Grammar & Composition
- Research & Writing
philosophy (5 credits)
- christian ethics
- christian apologetics
social science (choose 3 credits)
- cultural anthropology
- general psychology
guided electives (3 credits)
- american sign language 1/2
- survey of church history
- personal finances
- recent american history
- introduction to literature
- american literature
- classics of christian literature
- music history and appreciation
- theory of intelligent design
- introduction to philosophy
open electives (2 credits)
bible (10 credits)
- journey through the bible
- new testament introduction
- old testament introduction
- acts of the apostles
theology (6 credits)
- survey of bible doctrine
- biblical interpretation and resources
- restoration movement principles
bible or theology electives (3 credits)
christian ministries core (7 credits)
- christian life
- introduction to vocational ministry
- sophomore seminar
- Evangelism & Discipleship
worship arts core (10 credits)
- skills for musicians 1
- skills for musicians 2
- dynamics of rehearsal 1
- worship styles and venues