associate of science
points of distinction:
- the intercultural studies associates degree prepares students to go into all the world and be christian servant leaders.
- graduates of this program lay the basic groundwork for cross-cultural service.
- students prepare the heart and mind for the most difficult, challenging, and exciting life imaginable.
- this intercultural studies associates degree focuses on the global needs of justice, commitment to the poor, long term community development, sustainability, and cross-cultural discipleship.
- students in this program are able to serve christ with cultural intelligence and christian humility.
- bible translator
- community engagement
- mobilization minister
- human resources
- urban ministry administrator
- assistant of a faith-based organization
- missional community leader
- assistant of a nonprofit organization
for additional information, see the catalog. this program can also be a dual minor in conjunction with another christian ministry dual minor. request more information today!
danny harrod is the most humble and encouraging professor i’ve ever had, and his classes gave me many tools to become a more loving, compassionate, and culturally aware person.
because of this program, i have had so many amazing experiences. i would suggest it to anyone wanting to serve overseas or stateside!
s. schwanz, current student
intercultural studies associates degree program breakdown
all 4- and 2-year degrees at boise bible college are built around three components: general education, bible major, ministry program.
it is necessary to fulfill all requirements in each of these components in order to successfully complete the degree. each component, and each course, plays a role in your overall development as a person of influence
general studies (1 credit)
- bible college navigator
language and communication (9 credits)
- public speaking
- English Grammar & Composition
- Research & Writing
philosophy (5 credits)
- christian ethics
- christian apologetics
social science (choose 3 credits)
- cultural anthropology
- general psychology
guided electives (3 credits)
- american sign language 1/2
- survey of church history
- personal finances
- recent american history
- introduction to literature
- american literature
- classics of christian literature
- music history and appreciation
- theory of intelligent design
- introduction to philosophy
open electives (2 credits)
bible (10 credits)
- journey through the bible
- new testament introduction
- old testament introduction
- acts of the apostles
theology (6 credits)
- survey of bible doctrine
- biblical interpretation and resources
- restoration movement principles
bible or theology electives (3 credits)
christian ministries core (7 credits)
- christian life
- introduction to vocational ministries
- sophomore seminar
- Evangelism & Discipleship
intercultural studies core (9 credits)
- contemporary missions survey or cross-cultural missions
- missionary life and skills
- survey of world religions
- principles of instruction, communicating biblical truth, or introduction to preaching (men)
guided electives (2 credits)
- language skills
- interpersonal communication
- missionary history and strategy