becoming a part of boise bible college means you are joining a much larger community that extends around the world.
when first church of christ in boise, idaho started this bible college as a training school for pacific northwest ministers in 1945, bbc’s future impact was unknown. there were just a few students in those early years, but the primary mission remains the same:
to equip servant leaders for the church worldwide.
from the first graduating class to today, our alumni have remained passionately on-mission and are making a significant impact around the world as servant leaders.
we are located on a 16-acre campus at the edge of boise. as a bible college in the pacific northwest, we are minutes from hiking, biking, and other outdoor activities.
we are associated with and supported by independent congregations that agree that we are not the only christians, but we will be christians only.
in this position of humility, our students’ hearts are reshaped as they grow and become more like jesus.
on par with our mission and history, students at boise bible college learn to passionately and innovatively communicate biblical truth as they study the ancient text, so that it may be applied wherever god leads them.
lastly, our students are given experiences to help mature them into servant leaders capable of serving with integrity, loyalty, and discipline.
boise bible college exists to glorify god by equipping servant leaders to build up the church and advance the gospel worldwide.
how we equip servant leaders:
in a trio of an academic environment, caring community, and personal relationships, boise bible college prepares servant-hearted people for the church.
our hope is that students at this bible college would develop a culture of discipleship, a passion for a lifetime of ministry, and dependency on prayer.
taking studies seriously and keeping it relevant.
“where the scriptures speak, we speak”
following jesus, learning from each other.
“we are not the only christians.”
a welcoming campus, with an outward focus.
“in all things love.”
first century text, twenty-first century church.
“bible things in bible ways.”
our college has students from diverse backgrounds and different church groups. our desire is not to force students to accept any doctrinal position, but encourage them to search the scriptures to develop the foundation for their life and ministry.
however, here at boise bible college the bible is our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice. the spirit of the points below seeks alignment with any of god’s people as prescribed in the bible.
“all scripture is inspired by god and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness.” (2 timothy 3:16)
the eternal god, the trinity
- “now to the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only god, be honor and glory forever and ever.” (1 timothy 1:17)
- “i am the alpha and the omega,” says the lord god, “who is and who was and who is to come, the almighty.” (revelation 1:8)
- “there is one body and one spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one lord, one faith, one baptism, one god and father of all who is over all and through all and in all.” (ephesians 4:4-6)
- “in the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god….and the word became flesh and dwelt among us; and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the father, full of grace and truth.” (john 1:1, 14)
- apostle peter preached 50 days after jesus’ resurrection from the dead (acts 2): “but god raised him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for him to be held in its power. (v.24) “this jesus god raised up again, to which we are all witnesses….having been exalted to the right hand of god, and having received from the father the promise of the holy spirit (v.33)…. “therefore let all the house of israel know for certain that god has made him (jesus) both lord and christ. (v.36) peter said to them, “repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of jesus christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the holy spirit.” (v.38)
jesus’ saving gospel message
- “for i delivered to you as of first importance what i also received, that christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures.” (1 corinthians 15:3-4)
- jesus said, “all authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all that i commanded you; and lo, i am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (matthew 28:18-20)
- “but god, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with him, and seated us with him in the heavenly places in christ jesus, so that in the ages to come he might show the surpassing riches of his grace in kindness toward us in christ jesus. for by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of god; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. for we are his workmanship, created in christ jesus for good works, which god prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” (eph. 2:4-10)
- “or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into christ jesus have been baptized into his death? therefore, we have been buried with him through baptism into death, so that as christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the father, so we too might walk in newness of life. for if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection.” (romans 6:3-5)
- “for the grace of god has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great god and savior, christ jesus.” (titus 2:11-13)
- “for the lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of god, and the dead in christ will rise first. then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the lord.”
(1 thessalonians 4:16-17)
the holy spirit
- god said, “i will put my spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will be careful to observe my ordinances.” (ezekiel 36:27)
- “god, after he spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in his son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also made the world.” (hebrews 1:1-2)
- “or do you not know that your body is a temple of the holy spirit who is in you, whom you have from god, and that you are not your own?” (1 corinthians 6:19)
- jesus said, “i will ask the father, and he will give you another helper, that he may be with you forever; that is the spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see him or know him, but you know him because he abides with you and will be in you.” (john 14:14-16)
- jesus said in john 17, “i am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and i come to you. holy father, keep them in your name, the name which you have given me, that they may be one even as we are. (v.11)…. they are not of the world, even as i am not of the world. sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. as you sent me into the world, i also have sent them into the world. (v.16-18)…. the glory which you have given me i have given to them, that they may be one, just as we are one; i in them and you in me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that you sent me, and loved them, even as you have loved me.” (v. 22-23)
- jesus said to peter, “i also say to you that you are peter, and upon this rock, i will build my church, and the gates of hades will not overpower it.”
- and jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “all authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all that i commanded you; and lo, i am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- “now all these things are from god, who reconciled us to himself through christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that god was in christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and he has committed to us the word of reconciliation. therefore, we are ambassadors for christ, as though god were making an appeal through us.”
(1 corinthians 5:18-20)
we welcome a conversation with you if you have any questions about the beliefs to which bbc adheres and from which we work. please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or more in-depth explanations.